Shibboleth Error Message: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

Russ Allbery eagle at windlord.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:44:30 PDT 2011

Fletcher Cocquyt <fcocquyt at stanford.edu> writes:

> Apologies if there is a better suited list  -
> I am debugging a new shibboleth setup according to
> https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/shibboleth/sp

> This is in development  and we are receiving the error:

> ³Error Message: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party ³

> from:

> https://irt-dev-web-01.stanford.edu/secure/

Could you file a HelpSU ticket for this?  Shibboleth is unrelated to
WebAuth per se; it's completely different software and configuration.
(Unfortunately, we don't have a Stanford-local Shibboleth support list
other than the internal team discussion list.  So far, we've not really
had enough traffic to support one, although we can definitely watch and
see if that changes.)

Thanks!