REMOTE_USER and map_username

YANG ChengFu youngseph at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:50:22 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have setup webauth in our environment, it works very good, but I have
questions about REMOTE_USER and map_username.

Weblogin has a function called map_username, which lets us map username to
anything we want, such email address. I did this, now users can login with
their email address, such as firstname.lastname at example.com, and they have
no problems, but after login successfully, ENV{REMOTE_USER} will always be
set to flastname(Firstname.lastname).

Is it possible to make sure ENV{REMOTE_USER} is set to email address, I
mean to set ENV{REMOTE_USER} as the string which user inputs?  if yes, can
you tell us how we can do it ? Thanks !

KDC: Windows 2008
Kerberos REALM: EXAMPLE.ORG
samaccountname: flastname