webauthldap module and Ldap servers

Russ Allbery eagle at windlord.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 25 13:06:57 PDT 2012

YANG ChengFu <youngseph at gmail.com> writes:

> today I used webauthldap to grant accesses with two ldap servers,
> several ways were tried, but I failed, the following link:

> https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/webauth-info/2011-June/000734.html

> tells webauthldap module is missing this feature, but it was last year, I
> am wondering if now this feature has been enabled, if yes, can you tell me
> how I can use it. If not, I really hope it can be done in future, because
> it is very cool.

Unfortunately, mod_webauthldap still only supports a single LDAP
configuration that's global to the entire Apache process.  Changing that
will require substantial code refactoring, and probably isn't something
that we'll be able to get to soon.  (Of course, if anyone else wants to
tackle it, I'm happy to answer questions!  But it's quite a bit of work
due to the degree of state that's currently stored globally in the server
configuration.)