errors on currently configured webauth machine

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Dec 10 17:54:12 PST 2015

Thomas Carlson <tec at stanford.edu> writes:

> [Thu Dec 10 16:28:20 2015] [error] mod_webauth: curl_easy_perform:
> error(35): error:0D0890A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown
> message digest algorithm

mod_webauth is trying to get a webkdc-service token from the WebKDC, and
that attempt is failing because your local SSL library doesn't like the
message digest algorithm being used by the WebKDC server certificate.

Why, I don't know.  I suspect either your SSL implementation is too old or
the WebKDC certificate is too old.  If the weblogin.stanford.edu
certificate was recently changed, that would be the first thing I'd look
at: what message digest algorithm was it using before, and what it is it
using now, and what OpenSSL is your mod_webauth installation using?

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>